Thursday 13 June 2013

My 4 Winter Beauty Essentials

Winter is meant to be one of the most fashionable seasons, of endless amount clothes, over sized jumpers, scarfs, knee high boots and even funky prints. but there's nothing worse then getting sick in the first couple of weeks of Winter. I just happen to get caught up in a nasty sickness, of a cold, flu and a sore throat to add to the icing. Ive came up with my own little winter beauty essentials that will get me through this awful weather and also maintain my skin and hair.

St. Ives Apricot Scrub (Exfoliate Your Skin):
$5.95 From Target.


Exfoliate at least three times a week to remove dead skin cells and allow the skin to absorb moisture more effectively. Avoid exfoliates and toners that are high in alcohol, it may feel refreshing, but as alcohol evaporates it strips away moisture. So look for alcohol-free products. Ive been using: St. Ives Apricot Scrub I have been using this product for awhile now, and i can already tell a difference! My face is clear and feels great! I love the smell of it and the texture is great. My face feels smooth, clean and lovely. I also love how it is all natural.



Beeswax Lip Balm Tin (Smooth Lips) :

$7.95 From Priceline
Cracked, peeling lips can be a painful problem in winter, not to mention how un-kissable they look! Use a rich, moisturizing lip balm with vitamin E or coconut oil and apply regularly. Some lip balms also contain tea tree oil, which helps to heal painful cracks. Besides loving my truly Lucas Paw-Paw, ive found my new obsession. Beeswax Lip Balm Tin: This one doesn't feel sticky and I never get sick of the scent - which is a natural pepperminty smell. I also don't feel like I need to reapply it every 5 seconds as with some others as well. I think it's because all the ingredients in it are natural. 

 

Toni & Guy Reconstruction Mask (Harsh Hair):

 
$14.99 From Priceline

colder seasons can be harsh on our hair, If you’re battling with dry, frizzy hair, resist the urge to reach for the hair dryer and GHD as heat treatment will only make things worse. Try to dry and style your hair with a towel, and if you must use a dryer, time yourself and try to use it a little less. For an extra boost treat yourself to a conditioning hair mask at least twice a week. Lately i have been using: Toni & Guy Nourish Reconstruction Mask: This product is by far the best re-constructor there is out there, it has done a fabulous job of my hair and its never felt/looked so good! It gives my hair the boost that it needs, not only does it feel smooth but it looks a lot healthier and stronger. 


Olay Plus Ribbons Moisturizing Body Wash

$8.99 From Priceline
 A great body lotion in the shower every morning or night to help lock in some extra moisture. Look for lotions with wheat bran, olive extract or avocado oil to boost the skin’s moisture barrier. Avoid showering with soap-based cleansers as these can increase itchiness and dry out skin further.The product that gives me results is Olay Plus Ribbons Moisturizing Body Wash: helps skin-nourishing formula provides long-lasting moisture and deeply moisturizing formula nourishes skin with a mouth-watering fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment